St. 艾格尼丝学院于1905年由母亲宝琳·甘农创办.P.德克萨斯州休斯顿多明尼加修女会院长. The Academy opened on February 12, 1906, at its former location at 3901 Fannin. It was in operation at that site until September 1963 when the present-day campus opened at 9000 Bellaire Boulevard in Sharpstown. St. 艾格尼丝有10多个,000年毕业生, 他们中的许多人现在都有了女儿, 孙女, 和 even great-孙女 who are Academy students or alumnae.
1917街. 艾格尼丝 was accredited by the Texas Conference of Catholic Bishops Education Department. It is now affiliated with the following educational associations: 天主教学校 of the Galveston-Houston Diocese, 全国天主教教育协会, The Texas Catholic Conference Education Department in conjunction with the Texas Education Agency, Cognia, 和大学理事会.
从成立到1939年, the Academy offered 12 years of instruction 和 boarding facilities for its students. In 1939, 寄宿设施已停止使用, 和, in 1954, the Academy began to function as a day school for students in grades 9-12. 今天,圣. 艾格尼丝大约有930名女孩入学.